About Blog Reader
Blog Reader turns web pages into audio readings, which you can listen to. The goal of this site is to make it more convenient for you to experience online articles and blogs that you don't have time to read, by giving you the option to listen to them instead.
I made this site because I had fallen behind on my favourite blogs. I had less time to sit down and read them, but I noticed that I listened to a lot of podcasts when commuting, so I decided to turn the blogs into a podcast! I've created more than 200 readings so far for myself, with more to go. I decided that if this service is useful to me, then surely some other people would want to use it too, so I opened the site to the public.
How does it work?
- You find a webpage you want to listen to, and you copy the page's URL
- You submit the URL to Blog Reader
- The site reads the webpage for you
- The text from the web page is turned into an audio file using a text-to-speech AI algorithm
- The audio file gets added to a podcast feed that exists just for you
- You can listen to the audio in your browser, download it, or in your favourite podcast app.
Who runs this site?